Directorate-General for Coordination and Legal Affairs
- provides technical and legal support for the preparation, coordination and monitoring of government projects
- provides legal and technical expertise on legislative techniques and procedures
- monitors the parliament's work and coordinates responses to parliamentary questions
02 501 03 48
Public Procurement Department
- is responsible for preparing, coordinating, drawing up and monitoring legislation on public procurement, and the transposition of European directives into Belgian law.
- provides secretarial support to the Public Procurement Commission, and issues legal opinions on public procurement to the Prime Minister, his staff, and other public services.
- is in charge of gathering, processing and reporting on statistical data on public procurement for all contracting authorities in Belgium, to meet European requirements.
- manages legal cases for the Chancellery of the Prime Minister
- coordinates the federal government's interventions before the Constitutional Court. To this end, it prepares a document for the Council of Ministers, which features a list of the cases brought before the Constitutional Court that require an action or a decision: designation of lawyers, approval of memorandum, etc.
02 501 03 48
Protocol and Honours Department
- prepares the files for granting honours and civil decorations to civilians
- establishes the number marking of the A number plates
- ensures the order of precedence is respected