Directorate-General for External Communication
The Directorate-General for External Communication:
- shares federal government decisions with the outside world
- informs the country’s citizens, journalists and organisations through a number of communication channels
- boosts Belgium’s image both domestically and internationally
- manages the Résidence Palace International Press Centre (IPC)
- aims to enhance the professionalism of the federal authorities’ information and communication departments
- offers products and services
The Directorate-General for External Communication has three departments:
This department is responsible for creating and drafting written and visual content as well as disseminating official information through various digital communication channels.
- drafts press releases on the decisions of the Council of Ministers which are published on news.belgium.be
- manages the federal portal www.belgium.be
- answers citizens’ questions
- creates visuals
- develops websites for the Chancellery, the federal government and the related institutions
- purchases domain names for the federal institutions
- manages social networks
02 287 41 07
02 287 41 95
This department manages and coordinates the various federal public services’ information campaigns.
- provides advice and support to the federal public services with regard to their communication actions: administrative, creative and budgetary follow-up
- promotion and management of the Federal Truck
02 287 41 65
This department organises promotional events and actions, is responsible for promoting Belgium’s image and manages the Résidence Palace International Press Centre (IPC).
- organises and coordinates press conferences, shows, concerts, receptions, exhibitions, etc.
- manages the subsidies awarded by the Chancellery
- manages the partnership with the European institutions for communication actions in Europe
- the IPC’s offering of infrastructure and services as a centre hosting Belgian and foreign journalists during events
Events and partnerships:
02 501 03 23
02 287 41 41
02 235 21 29